Monday, July 15, 2024

The Darkness

I just had a thought as I skim “The Beautiful Outlaw” by John Eldredge. In the book, he talks about Jesus being behind enemy lines. And He was attacked by man and demon alike. 

I went to church this Sunday. I fought hard to get there. There is always something that comes up and keeps me away from the body of Christ. Not this Sunday! I was determined and stubborn. But after church, lustful temptations and spiritual attacks rained down on me, hard! 

I used to wonder about back in Jesus day when a lot of people were demon possessed. Was this common back then? Is it common now? I don’t recall any other section of the Bible discussing this topic as much as the Gospels. Then it hit me. There were more demonic activity, because the light of good was at its brightest (JESUS!). When I read my Bible, talk to my friends about salvation, go to church, set an example to my son and work on my comic book, I shine a light. A light the demonic wish to snuff out.

Of course there was more demonic activity in the days of Jesus. His light stirred up the darkness!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home