Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Soundtrack

 4-26-24

As I was working on my autobiography, Spilled Ink, I was inspired by the movie High Fidelity and the writings of Jack Kerouac. The premise of the movie was the main character Rob Gordon (played by John Cusack) going through his top five breakups of all time. As he describe each girl and the situation from his past, the present played out in-between each story. I like the top five idea. For me, music has been a driving force in my life. If you play that one song, memories are unlocked. The past plays out in my mind. Smells, feelings, people and places become crystal clear. So, if I’m writing my memoirs, I thought I would start with a list of songs to use as reference points.

Libby Music

Iron Maiden- Wasted Years

Metallica- Battery

Prince- Let’s Go Crazy

Anne Murray- Danny’s Song

Billy Joel- The Stranger 


Denver Music

4 Non Blonds- What’s Up?

Tori Amos- Silent All These Years

Smashing Pumpkins- Disarm

Sarah McLachlan- Fear

Barenaked Ladies- One Week


Libby 2 Music

Sawyer Brown- The Walk

3 Doors Down- Kryptonite

The Cars- Moving In Stereo

Tim McGraw- Tiny Dancer

Pearl Jam- Release


Minneapolis Music

The White Stripes- Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground

Blaze- Soundtrack Of My Life

Red Hot Chili Peppers- By The Way

Snow Patrol- Signal Fire

Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros- 40 Day Dream


On The Road Music

Gordon Lightfoot- If You Could Read My Mind

U2- Beautiful Day


Libby 3 Music

Crowder- Golgotha Hill (King of Love)

The Beatles- Paperback Writer

Skrillex- Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites

Disturbed- Sound of Silence

Rich Mullins- Awesome God


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home