Monday, September 29, 2014

Testimonial

First I would like to announce that I have gotten married on September 6th. I have prayed over the last two years for God to change my heart. I felt I kept taking one step forward, and several steps backwards. I was going to church, Bible study and praying. But there were parts of me that I just would not submit to the Lord. Two things, to be specific. Relationships and my art were ungodly parts of my life. I was living with a broken lady and trying to be a photographer (shooting mostly scantily clad women) while working on my comic book full of drugs, rape, love triangles, witchcraft, gods, goddesses, Saint Lucifer, vampires and zombies. Sounds horrible, I know. Then I met Amber. This woman loves the Lord. She has three beautiful little girls and I fell in love with them all. But things were still hard, and I felt this black cloud hanging over me. I started going to Amber’s church, and continued to pray to God to change my heart (I knew that’s where the problem was).


I proposed to Amber on her birthday. I felt God was pushing me to do this, as well as filling my head with ideas for a Christian comic book. I submitted to the Lord, and decided I wanted to do this the right way. I wanted a solid marriage and a happy life. First thing I did was to move out of Amber’s house (staying with a friend from church) until the wedding. Amber and I went to marriage counselling with our pastor. I cannot begin to explain the fruit of our struggles. We honored God, he has honored our wedding and marriage. Before all of this, Amber and I struggled with bills and finances. Some how, the wedding got paid for along with all of the bills. It was amazing. I have given up my photography because I know it was lustful (if not sexual, just the need to create more and more). I am focused on Jesus first and foremost, the Amber and the kids, followed by my comic book. For the first time in my life, I feel truly happy.

(rough draft for cover to issue 1)


 “Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.” Hosea 10:12

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So Happy for you Q!! I fully understand if you do not want to speak to me..but would fully enjoy hearing from you!
Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home